Friday, February 6, 2009

getting it done

Last tuesday my school had christian club, and for one reason or another not many people showed up. I think there was only around 10 kids but i found that meeting more rewarding then any of the other ones. I guess cause most of us are asian, we feel uncomfortable sharing our feelings, but since it was such a small group it was easier for people to talk. The question asked for everyone was what they're spiritual highs and lows were during the past year. I gave my answer first. I said my high was during the summer becuase i got to hang out with the kids at church a lot and i ended up going to church many times every week. There was also the retreat which was a real blessing. Then i said my low was during midterms because school often times has priority over everything basically. It's really hard to try and prioritize everything when literally everyone around you, including your parents, tell you that school is most important. So as i heard other people share, i found that a lot of them had the same exact answer as me. It was encouraging to hear them talk about their spiritual walks, but at the same thing it was discouraging to hear how all of us were succumbing to the same issues and pressures. When i was thinking about this issue, i was saying to myself, "Man senior year is gonna be great then. i wont have to worry about school." But then what does that say to God? Becuase what im basically saying is, i dont got the time right now so God just wait a couple months. Is that right? Absolutely not. I know it's gonna be hard but im really hoping that i don't waste this junior year. There's so much to offer God by sacrificing yourself at your most vulnerable point. I just want to humble myself so much to the point that i have no other option BUT to fall on my knees in front of God. No more excuses. No more rationalizing.

1 comment:

J to da P said...

JONATHON! i hope ur feeling better bro =)

stay encouraged and motivated in the work God is doing through you, with you and around u.

He loves you much.

stay blessed and remain victorious J~ holla.