Friday, February 27, 2009

Body Of Christ

For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body-whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free-and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. For in fact the body is not one member but many. 1 Corinthians 12:12-14


I read this passage this morning with two other members of my christian club and it was great timing to read what it had to say. The passage talks about the body of Christ. We're all unified together and even though our roles may be different, we all depend on each other. Later on in the chapter it talks about the different roles or body parts. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body". Despite the different roles of because of the different gifts and talents granted to us, it does not mean one is more or less a part of the body. Sometimes it may feel like we're only but a toenail, but really the hand relies on the toenail, just as the toenail relies on the hand. Pastor Kim leaving really tears my heart. I think back at all the times Tim invited me over his house, the bbq's the sleepovers, just everything. Never have i ever seen them complain, or get angry at us. It would take me forever to give back anywhere close to what they've given me. I remember when the pastor for the american congregation back in our old church spoke to us about feeding our ox, pastor kim. In a sense, it feels like i personally have failed them in supporting them. But i know both are stronger then i can ever imagine. He was the head of our church, but that doesnt mean we've lost our identity. We still belong to the body of christ no matter what.

No comments: