Saturday, January 17, 2009

Receiving help

"Fear not, you worm Jacob, You men of Israel! I will help you, says the Lord And your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel." Isiah 41:14



This was the verse that came up for this morning in this daily email type thing. I read over the chapter and i'm glad i read it because its been pretty hectic with school and all at this point. I find myself asking help for a lot of things but i just say it very routinely. Sometimes i also feel like things such as tests in school and sats are too selfish to ask help from God, and so when i focus on it so much i feel guilty. But i think what's more important then exactly what you pray about, is that you pray for everything. What i mean is that i want to ask God for help in every aspecto f my life because i want him to be in control of everything, including maybe the trivial things. Alot of times the little things end up becoming a lot more then you expect at first.
"Tis much for thee to need but it is nothing for me to bestow.
" That verse was really comforting becuase i know that there's nothing to much for God, or that God will always have time for me, even when i dont wanna make time for him. So next time im having an argument with a friend, or someone asks for a favor, iwant to ask God for his help so that i'm doing things that the way he wants me to do them, even the little things.

No comments: