Friday, January 9, 2009

discipline

Hey, i remembered to post on time! wooo


This week has been pretty wierd, we came back from break and midterms/sat's are coming up. But with the retreat we just had in mind, im trying to work on discipline. I remember one time my old pastor gave a sermon on how to improve your relationship with christ. I was kinda hoping for something mystical or cool, but instead he gave the two answers taht to me soudned so bland and generic: prayer and reading the bible. I was so bummed out cause i didnt have the discipline to go through with that as a kid but now i realize how much more rewarding it is. One of my other major goals is to stop having such roller coaster highs and lows, and having a daily devotional and walk really helps with that. I see myself holding back my anger or such for little things, when usually i just explode. It's helped also with lust and pride. But i also know this isnt enough and that i gotta constantly strive to improve this. I signed up for this really cool email thing that gives like, a psalm, proverb, parable/story, mini sermon, and pm bible passages. Well i hope we dont get snowed in tomorrow, cuase in that case ill see you all soon?

No comments: